Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Vacay!

So now that I'm a working girl I used the first of my vacation days and took the week after Christmas off.  I headed home on Christmas Eve and spent the next few days with the fam.  We had a great Christmas, church, yummy Christmas dinner, Marley & Me and some other good movies.  After the family time I headed to Birmingham, Alabama to meet up with the "Core Four" aka Sarah, Melissa and Karen.  The girls and I met up for one night of fun!  We went shopping, ate at Outback and then headed out to the Five Points area of Birmingham.  Little did we know that there was a bowl game going on in Birmingham the next day, Rutgers vs. NC State.  People didn't understand that we weren't there for the game.  It was so good to see the girls.  One of the few things I don't like about DC is that they're not here!

After returning from Birmingham, my Mom and I headed to Atlanta to watch the Tigers play in the Chick Fil A Bowl.  We met up with some friends from Baton Rouge and headed to the Atlanta Civic Center to see a King Tut exhibit.  No photos from that, but it was amazing to see all the ancient jewelry and other things in the collection.  That night we headed to the Atlanta Aquarium.  I won't lie...I LOVE aquariums.  I think they're absolutely beautiful and I love watching the fish swim around.  The Atlanta Aquarium was particularly nice, with lots of interesting exhibits.

The next morning we headed to the Chick Fil A Bowl parade.  It was fun, a few too many Shriners in tiny cars.  The best part of parade was of course the LSU Band!  After the parade we went to Fanfest where I met up with Melinda and her family!  We watched Les Miles and the team walk through and listened to the band play some more.  Then we got our faces painted...I just got a Tiger on one cheek and Melinda got her whole face painted--just like 2005!  Post-Fanfest we headed to our ozone layer seats...seriously they were so high up!  

What a game!  Sorry George Tech, LSU finally came together as a team!  Looks like we found a quarterback!  Since it was New Year's Eve, after the game we headed back to the hotel just in time to get some gin and tonics and watch the ball drop.  The next morning we headed back to Irmo and a few days later I headed back to DC!  

What a great vacation!  Not relaxing at all, but soooo much fun!

(Photos coming soon!!)

No comments: